Sunday, September 15, 2013

So Wake Me Up

I'm totally in love with this song. Yes. It's top 40. Come on people- it's me and all. I have been listening to top 40 since before I knew it was called Top 40. I thought I would mature and change and suddenly be all  musically magiced into someone deep and meaningful about artists and stuff...but it still hasn't happened.

And that's part of the reason I love this song. It is top 40- but it is dancey and country at the same time- and the lyrics are great and I am trying to figure them out. It isn't like Top 40 brainless (maybe it is and I am making it more of bigger deal) but- it is also mysterious.

I am part enthralled because I can't figure out if Avicii is being a smart ass, or is being depressed, or finding God and trying to follow Jesus, or just in love with someone and fine with being stuck in the love with this person that maybe people dissapprove of- so then he is all like- whatever people if you want me to grow up and mature into something else and evenutally open my eyes that this person isn't for me then ill just stay stuck here forever so go whatever- eff off.

Or maybe it's just about growing up. Finding your way in life. Making your path. Following your path. Creating your own life. Not knowing that you were searching for something until you found it and had an Aha moment. This is where I should be. This is what I should be doing. This is who I should be with.

But whatever. For some reason I want to turn up this song uber loud and dance around and fist bump and head bang. And maybe I have. Fine. Whatevs.

Listen and read:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y_KJAg8bHI


No comments:

Post a Comment