Thursday, May 23, 2013

We are Little Ballerinas


We are Little Ballerinas
As pretty as can be
We stand in first position
As straight as we can be.
Watch me jump out to second
And jump back to first
Point front, and side
Turn like a butterfly.

Yes. This is what Nora worked on for the past 5 months and performed for us on Sunday. It was off the hook amazing. I was projectile tearing up because I was laughing from sheer humor, pride for my daughter for getting on stage and singing her heart out, and just overall emotion from the experience of seeing her perform. And most importantly she had fun and said she loved being on stage. She didn't look like she had an ounce of stage fright. Drama camp is in about 6 weeks- I'm excited for her!

I'm excited for everything for my kids- a little nervous too as they continue stepping out in the world and doing thing independently. I think that was part of the projectile tearing. She was backstage with her friends like a big girl, got out there and performed, and I sat in my seat and waiting for the whole show to be over until I hugged my girl. Time is flying- and while I have moments of sadness for the past, the precious babyness of Nora, the innocence of a one-year-old, etc. I love her generosity and spirit and confidence. I love watching her grow up!
Trying to get a serious (I mean as serious as we can be of course) pic is near impossible!

My little ballerina!

After the performance- again- goof.com

At the dress rehearsal

Ballet Fun!

1 comment: