Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Preschool Open House

It was time for Nora to show off her preschool on Sunday to me and P. Every day she asks me if today she is going to the Panda room. The days she does she is SUUUUUPER excited. But then after school I try to talk to her about what she did and she may give me one small fact like, "I saw Miss Berry" (her teacher) or "I went to two rooms" (because the lunch bunch room is different than the Panda room) I'm all like- well I know this stuff, Nora, tell me something you did, what did you learn, who did you talk to, etc. etc. I'm that nosy, need-to-know-it-all, mom.

*sigh*

But- at open house, I was able to talk to other families and see her artwork hanging all over and see pictures of the things they are doing. I get the newsletter and all that jazz, but it's still fun to connect with the classroom and other families. P was getting ready to go on a 7-mile run, so was in full running gear with a shmear of something nasty on her shirt shoulder that we did not discover until we were walking to the classroom from the parking lot. EMBARRASSING! I barely wanted to be associated with him, and I think he felt a little weird too when he noticed all of the dressed up dads.

Anywho- a lot of the moms said their kids talked about Nora the most, which I felt jealous about since my info on the whole day is lacking. But hopefully that means its all good things and Nora is the nice girl in class. I just really want her to be the one who includes people, doesn't judge and is nice to everyone. I am trying to instill these principles- hopefully they will stick.

She was really funny at the open house and kept posing with her mouth open and putting her necklace in her mouth and stuff. I think she was overwhelmed with everyone being there at once or something.

These pics of the day make me laugh so hard:




Her teacher warned us she has 'drug eyes' in pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment