Monday, January 21, 2013

De Plugging Bridgey

Well we did it. We de-plugged. That means no more pacifier in case you were all- what is a plug exactly. Right. Yes.

I told my parents as teachers home visit person lady that I would have her de-plugged by our next visit in February. I also said right after the new year, and I said it a few months ago too.....

So finally on Friday I was like- that's it. We are done. We don't have any out of town guests for awhile, or vacations planned, or whatever other excuses I use. I went through terror with Nora on it, so this would be different.

De-plug stats:

Friday Night: Not too bad- cried for 10 minutes, slept through the night until 6:15am.

Saturday Nap: Also not too bad- wow. 10 minutes, slept for 2.5 hours.

Saturday Night: She was so tired since we spent the afternoon at the park, yes the park in January. Woot! She just cried for about 10 minutes again. Woke up at midnight briefly and then slept until 7:30. Went I went it at 7:30, she was only just jabbering to herself. Well- that's because she found a plug! I checked her bed on Friday, and Patrick said she was not plugged at midnight, so my best guess is she reached her bitty hand between her crib and the wall and found the treasure sitting on top of her pack-and-play mattress that we have shoved underneath her crib. DOH!

Sunday Nap: Not so hot. Cried for awhile. Like 30 minutes. Maybe it was the succulent plug she found only hours earlier, or maybe she had had it with this whole de-plugging nonsense. Anyway- it wasn't fun.

Sunday Night: Hardly any noise- maybe a few minutes.

Monday Nap: Horrific. She cried forever. She barely slept- maybe an hour. Then at the very end of my new Monday gym class I finally did get to (because this time I did not drop my kid) I got called out. They told me she was crying most of the time. Poor baby boo. I felt bad for her, but also frustrated that I thought things were all good and then we took major strides backwards. What to do what to do. Not give the plug back- that's for sure.

So tonight Patrick had a little pep talk with her. It went something like this:

P: "Bridgey, we are not going to sleep with a plug tonight"

B: Okay

P. "No crying, no screaming, okay?"

B: Okay.

P: "Do you want your blanket?"

B: Yeah.

P: "Night, Night Bridgey, I love you."

B: She laid down in her crib and then...Silence. Nothing. Nada. zip. Seriously not one peep.

Fingers. Crossed.

Oh- on another note- this week Bridget started saying I love you- only when prompted (before now she would give a kiss after I said I love you) BUT she told Reina tonight on Skype she loved her. No prompting, just said it as we were saying goodbye. And it is Reina's birthday. Awwwwwwwwwwwwww- it was the sweetest. :) love her. love her, love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment