Monday, December 10, 2012

Thanksgiving Update

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelll- Thanksgiving week in Chicago did not go as planned. As my sissy, Meghan said, "Did you hear that? It was God laughing. Because you made plans!"
Like I mentioned earlier, the kids got way sick, we had to cancel all of our fun plans, and our 'vacation' was more work than, well, work. 

Through it all though, we did have a good time. We were Wisconsin lazy most of the time (which means we stay in our comfy cozies and eat a lot of cheese) my fav thing to do when going up North, der. After we fled to Green Bay early on a quest to spread out and get our kids healthy, the trip drama actually subsided. We were afraid we were going to miss the Big Thanksgiving celebration with the whole extended fam- (like 50 people) but after 4 days of antibiotics and less mucus pouring from my kids, we felt like it was safe to make an appearance. I'm glad we did since everyone chose Thanksgiving as the holiday of choice for all the married with kids cousins who now alternate holidays with in-laws (us included) we will try to match up every year since it's so fun when everyone is together. 

So, while things did not go as planned-  for the time we spent together, for the people we did see, and for the memories made, I am thankful. 

Anyway- some highlight of our trip:


KK's friend took our pics in the city! If my kids were feeling better their expressions would probably be better- but oh wells.






Not feeling goods...

Super Aunt KK- her and Das Fut were troopers for putting up with us and our sickness for 2 days.

Rescue mission at Grandma Mary's house

Noah and Brian!

Super Cousin Kellyn and Bridge

Trying to get everyone to look and smile is quite the task.
All the kids of the cousins!


My little dress up queen got a Lion costume from Aunt Molly- she roared and loved it!


Mary's grandkids (with Joslyn sitting in, too)

Once the girls all warmed up with each other again, it was nothing but giggles and sillies. Love it. 

Dylan and Kellyn and I about to get Black Fridaying. I decided to have a great Thanksgiving and just go later- so we left around 11pm. I missed some of the doorbuster deals (a DVD player mainly) but it was worth it to stay and hang with the fam. Oh well to black friday if it will start earlier every year. 


More KK hugs- the best kind.

We did make it back down to Chicago to see Grandma and Grandpa, or 'Bampa, Bampa" as Nora calls them

I look like it's been a long week- it was! But I was so happy to see my G-ma and G-pa

Plus my Aunt Cathy, Uncle Bruce and cousin Suzanna stopped in!

No comments:

Post a Comment