Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Low-key Days

They are rare. But when we are unscheduled it is kind of nice. I could not be like this all the time, that I know, but a day or two here and there is A-ok.

Bike ride and park yesterday, a long nap for Bridge, and chores for me.

Seriously the best present ever



Like- how are her legs getting soooo long! My baby continues to morph to a toddler as the morphing order continues...


Library time with Bridge and preschool for Nora, working for me today. After work we ran a couple of errands and Nora had a meltdown in a store. When I worked at the mall I witnessed plenty of kid and mom meltdowns. Moms yanking kids arms and asking if they want a spanking, (why yes mommy please spank me. Let me bend over) or moms pushing strollers around looking dazed, and kids throwing themselves on the floor. Good times. I felt for them then, (sometimes judged- let's be honest) but I  really get it now that I am home more. Moms give so much energy to the littles, that sometimes an act of acting bad in public can send a mom spiraling out of control.
            It's like- "For serious, I have to get out of this house before I go insane, so I took you to the mall and you rode the train and played in the tree house and now I want to eat lunch in the food court so sit here and eat your freaking food and let me breathe and pretend I am a real adult sitting down at a table to eat my food for 2 secondssssssssss!!!!!!!"

Thankfully, I did not yank or scream, but did say to someone who starred, 'sorry, no nap today.' like I had to present a reason to this stranger other than, 'she's three. Sometimes this crap happens.' anyway- after that we stopped at a park and enjoyed the weather. The girls were funny together.

I love my Bridget mornings. Special one on one time with only one is awesome.








Because playing under a table with stickers on your nose rocks.
So that store Nora was freaking at? It was Hobby Lobby, which is even more comical. Me, screamer, and the crafties.  I wanted to get my wreathing on (why? because I don't have enough going on? because I love fall and decided a little fall wreath action needed to occur on my front door? I have no answers for you) all I know is I took the packaging off wrong, and then wrapped in in foil, and there was hay all over my floor and I was all- what the H- why do I go to Hobby Lobby. I proceeded to wrap it in Saran Wrap and packing tape. I'll show you the finished product whenever that happens..



 Well- now they are in bed and I'm happy, and I'm doing homework. And I put about four turns of yarn around the dang wreath. Yay for a couple quiet days. But they need to get loud again. So tomorrow it's a play date with Oakley and Ashley at their new digs. Nora said 'we haven't been to their house in a long while.' and she's right. So we are excited.

PS- I can't fix the extra spaces, and because I excel in not caring about such flaws in my personal life, I shall not care.

No comments:

Post a Comment