Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Sisters Visit KC


My MIL (Mary) and her two sisters, Katie and Sharon, stopped in KC this weekend on their way to Denver for Joe's wedding (which we are sad we can't be at!) Every year the girls,as they are referred to, have an annual sister's trip. They have been to Ireland together, Amsterdam, Door County, and other places all with hilarious stories attached.

One may think that I was a hyper-active mess trying to get ready for such a visit as her husband's mom and her two sisters. Quite the contrary. Well- okay, I am always a spaz, but you know what I mean. I wasn't all like trying to press napkins or whatever. They are the most low-maintenance, easy-going group of women probably on the planet.  Every group of women should model their laid backness after them. I mean, they didn't even know where they were staying for the next 3 nights before the wedding! Just driving on through Western Kansas, maybe going to tear it up at the Eisienhaur museum or something like that. Hilarious. I love it.

They have a joint account that they put money in monthly so when they travel they just use their fund. It started out as a kitty of paper money, but then one of them was like- wait, Mary works at a bank, how about an account? Genius!

And they are super, duper sweet, and they accept my spaziness and I am okay with them making fun of it, or making comparisons of my personality to others in the family. I know I belong.

Nora and Bridget had a blast, and of course so did P and I.  They brought presents for N and B and just exude love for our family. It's awesome. Having this alone time with the three of them is precious. We love, love the big family get-togethers with all of the cousins and kids (seriously my most fun times is times with extended family who we all miss very much- you all know who you are!!!!) but being with the three girls is also just super fantastic, because of its rare, especially for us Kansanites. Their relationship is one that I hope my girls have (and seeing three does make me think hmmm on the three thing. Just for like 2 seconds though.) They tell the best stories, and they light up around each other, and play of one another's personalities.  It's very cool to watch. They talk endlessly about their grandchildren and kids, and they just looooove family so much. And you can feel the love when they are around.

But they do hate to have their pictures taken. And my MIL would probably dis-own me if I added one of her to this blog. And then the next time she came to visit I WOULD be a lunatic because I would be scared. So there are just a couple so hopefully that will fly :)




We had to Deanna Rose it- since it is the most fun place!

Nora mining for rocks

Bridget mining for pebbles on the ground


Mr. Ed


Goat feedings

Quack

Figuring out where we are...kind of the theme of the weekend!

Nora "fishing" in the living room with the tent poles from her gift- she seriously did this for about 2 hours pretending to catch fish for all the 'friends' as she called the girls.
T-Rex Cafe- Bridget was a little hesitant

Asleep at the restaurant. Of course.


Bean finally woke up- was a bit of a scene- but then she enjoyed herself.


 I just love visitors!!! Mwah- ladies. We loved, loved having you. Can't wait to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment