Monday, September 3, 2012

Preschool Eve

Twas a super busy weekend
And all through the house
The chillins were sleeping
I really hope there is no freaking mouse!

But anyway, the backpack and outfit were hung by the doorknob with care
In the excitement and oh my goshness that the first day of preschool will be there

And pa folding laundry
And ma watching Married to Jonas and freaking out- the real question is Where did the last three years go?

Well, all that I do know
Is i will cherish the three year old Nora
Because my how 'they' were right and time sure does fly!

She is on the brink of a learning and social and all things school journey
For the next, hmmm (math) many many years
I wish her more success and best friendships
And not many girl drama tears

But through it all I promise to be there
And give her a pep talk and hug when she needs it
She will always be my little Bean Pod
even during a hormone filled teenage fit

She is funny, smart, loving, silly and kind
The goofiest three-year-old you'll find
She just melts my heart
Except during a tantrum and then I want to restart.

(that sort of worked)

Well- tomorrow we will spring to our Toyota and give Bridge a whistle
And away we go to preschool like the down of a thistle
And you will hear us exclaim and we drive out of sight
happy preschool and a great school year to all
But for now I say good night.

And I will leave you with a picture of the little preschooler sleeping peacefully before her big day!


No comments:

Post a Comment