Sunday, November 11, 2012

I'm Disappointed

Yes- I am disappointed thinking about how my family pictures may turn out...I feel like I just lost a couple hours of sleep over it. *sigh* I'm trying to just say 'oh well' but I'm not very happy.

But I'm really disappointed about Black Friday.

I love Black Friday- I mainly just go to Target and then maybe a couple more stores. I worked at the mall for 3 years, so my Black Friday then consisted of working and implementing marketing strategies to beef up Black Friday- also fun. I was one of those marketing directors that LOOOOVED the holidays! (some do not) But I love love love them.

But this year- I'm TO'ed. Target is opening at 9pm! Walmart-8pm! That's still Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

I had so much fun last year staying up after we ate and hung out with my cousins, sister and bro-in-law to then go to Target at Midnight. We danced in line, roused the crowd, interviewed our fellow line standers on what they hoped to purchase. I talked to the Target workers about the secrets of Target Black Friday (what is your shift today? what time did you get here? did you sleep before you came?! Do you get paid more today?) I need to know these things.

I feel like this year people are going to shovel food in and be all- gotta run, Happy Black Friday, I mean Turkey Day.

But the thing is I'm not that strong yet to boycott. I want to go to Target at 9pm! But I don't want to go at 9pm! Do I need, need the Little People Princess set for $13.99 regularly 19.99 so bad that I have to get in line at 8pm on THANKSGIVING to get it? Should I just run to Target and then run back? (probably what I will do...) Will I miss family pie time to go get the Belle Baby and matching princess dress for only $19.99???

Do other people feel this annoyance, too? Or are people super jazzed about this newness?

It's getting OOC. But then I still want to go for some of it, even though I am annoyed. If I don't go then I am 'missing out' So then I am attributing to the maddness and the retailers are like- hey, this is working! Do they need to control the market share of Black Friday so badly they will just make their employees not have a T-day to do it (yes, obviously)

I think I will only go to Target at 9, then come back, and say whatever to anything else. So that will be my boycott. Sorry other stores, I chose my one. Go back to Midnight or 4am, and I'll make a night/morning of it. But I like hanging out with my family on Thanksgiving rather than shopping all day.

I want an increase in sales, but I want Thanksgiving back. Hear that, retailers????? What happened to the Happy Medium!?!

Oh retailer giant enticing deal mongers like me with your early release Black Friday preview ads and your Little People for $13.99. We have a love-hate relationship this year.

I'll let you know what I end up doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment