Tuesday, August 21, 2012

$500 Tip~ Paying it Forward

I often cry while watching The Today Show. When I was pregnant I was a wreck watching the show. Anything to do with a kid especially made the tears flow (well that still does) but really really when I was preg it was bad news bears. Today they had a segment on a 30-year-old, Aaron, who passed away suddenly, but the only thing he requested when he died was for his family to leave a random server a $500 tip. And not a server at a fancy pants restaurant, just a pizza place or something. The man who passed on was a server, and always wanted to do this for someone.

The brother videotaped the tip transaction and of course, it went viral. Now people have been sending money and they have randomly delivered a $500 tip several times.  Here is the video:

http://aaroncollins.org/?p=20

Just a little diddy- it's on my to-do list to pay it forward more often and get involved. I want to show my kids the world is not just about getting things and materialistic stuff- but being a good person and doing unselfish things for people. I recently read that money CAN buy you happiness- but it depends on how you use it.
#1. On experiences not things
#2. On other people, not yourself

Better go- my kids are throwing crayons. Well that's just Bridge naturally. :)



2 comments:

  1. How cool is this?! I love how simple Aaron's wish was. I teared up at this video, too. I have done a VERY SMALL amount of paying it forward... Mostly at the drive through at McDonald's, I pay for the person behind me's meal. Then I drive away laughing like a maniac. Highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw- that's awesome you do that!!!!! How fun!! you're the cutest.

      Delete