Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Amazing Friends

It's true. I have amazing friends. It is important to know that I don't love the overuse of the word 'blessed' because I have always thought that it sounded a bit condesending or something. Or maybe that I feel like it is a jinx. Like if I say I am blessed by something then I will soon become unblessed. But isn't it the same as saying lucky, just more spiritual? Or maybe it just makes me feel uncomfortable. Or like I want to roll my eyes when people are all- I am soooo blessed. Like please. Wait 6 months and tell me this again. ugh.

But anyway- I'm going to just come out and say it. I feel blessed that I have amazing friends. (I pray this has not just jinxed me. In fact I just knocked on wood. 3X. Because you must when knocking on wood, or it doesn't count) I have amazing friends from childhood, I have amazing friends from Junior High and High School, awesome friends from college, from places I have worked, reconnections from people via social media, from living here 7 years ago, and now I have met some super amazing friends since moving back. (if you feel left out because your stage of friendship did not make this list above- please don't. You are awesome, too.)

Now I'm a mom of two. And I primarily stay at home with them. And this was a new adventure for me when I moved here. At first I like to say I dated women when I joined a mom's group to get involved and find friends. WOWSERS. EXHAUSTING.  I was getting ready after being up with Bridge, getting kids ready, nursing, cleaning up pooh explosions, rumaging through boxes to find a sippy cup since my place was not unpacked yet, trying to find something that would fit over my thighs and fat rolls. Going to parks I had no idea where they were located, or people's houses, and having Bridge pooh explode over there, and not having enough wipes to clean it up (this actually one time happened 2x at the same person's house) OMG- just thinking back to this nonsense is giving me hives. But like dating often does- it paid off. I met a lot of great women- and I am happy I dated, and now found girlfriends. Because totes-  dating makes one tired. But yeah- my friends...
The little ones all playing together- stealing shoes and such

They rock. We help with each others kids in restrooms and in public places, we offer to take care of them when we have to do things like go to the DMV (which I just experienced today) We hold them when they are upset, and have playdates with themes and food, and dinner. We are meeting each other husbands. We have mom's night outs- (the new GNO, MNO) and we are all pretty laid back and like to get out of the house and have fun. And that's just it- I feel blessed. There are three of us that have organically formed a little group. I feel like if I wasn't a part of this group of wonderful ladies I would look at them and be jealous like where's my fun group of ladies?!?!. Actually I would see moms and kids at restaurants gabbing away when I first moved here and was dating and I was sad- because it's more fun with good friends. And we are still getting to know each other more and more, but it's great.  My kids are happier too that I have pretty much stopped dating since they know the other kids, and it's not so random all the time. They too are making friendships.

Miss Liz reading to the kiddos

Nora and Aleah at dance together


Picnicing with Avery
I have met other friends too here who I feel close with. So it's just been awesome. I ran into one today at Deanna Rose Farm (ironically her name is also Deanna, though I'm pretty sure she is not associated with the farm) and she also has a daughter Bridget's age, and she is cool as hell and I am all- wow- I have fantastical friends. (again, this post is not to not include my other awesome friends I met here- I can see how blogging can get tricky...)

So that's it. I feel blessed and lucky and whatever else to be in this stage of my life with so many close friends. High Five to everyone near and far. Mwah- love, Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment