Saturday, August 25, 2012

Flashback Saturday Morning!

I hate the number 13. And this is the 13th post. I am obviously pretty superstitious. When I glance at the clock and it is 13 after the hour I have to make myself look back over a minute later to see the clock again at 14 after. If I see it more than one time in a day, I start to get nervous. I have tried to embrace the number in the past. I would pick it in a 1-20 game, or write it down and say 'there is nothing wrong with you.' When I had both my kids I told the nurses that if either was born 13 after the hour to please lie to me and tell me it was 14 after. On the 13th of March and May respectively, I would pray hard that my kids would not be born on this day, which meant they would NEVER have to have a Friday the 13th birthday (the ultimate day of dread)

What's weird is that my favorite number is 87. And 100-87=13. I chose the number 87 as my favorite when I was just really, really little, before addition and subtraction were learned. (Do I really actually know how to do this to this day?) But often times my total bill when shopping is say 46.87. And if I pay cash, I get .13 back. I think the universe is trying to calm me on the silly number, or maybe it's the ultimate irony that my fav number can somehow result in the number 13. Or most likely it goes along with the fact that I am the ultimate oxymoron.

Whatever the case-why I say this is when choosing what to post on the monumental 13th post needs to be something I am okay with sharing this symbolicness with.

Nope. Can't do it. Every time I was going to start uploading pics I could not share any with the 13th post. I will start anew on the 14th. Until we meet again at the 113th post...Later #13.

No comments:

Post a Comment