Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bedtime


Bedtime. For Bridget, who is a strong-willed, stubborn etc. little thang, bedtime used to mean screaming while changing her diaper, getting on pajamas- and bedtime stories? Forget holding still long enough to read a sentence! But now that she is calmer, the bedtime routine has become a pleasant experience. Phew. TYJ!


I am really glad I waited to start blogging, because if I had started last year it would have been a very negative blog. Honest- but negative. Looking back, I can see that I had a bout of the 'baby blues' Plus we kind of moved, had a newborn, started to potty train Nora, I was in job transition and I knew only a few people here and moved from my sister and grandparents, great neighbors and friends. Plus we were trying to sell a house (more on that later) - it was disaster. So I decided to give myself a break on my feelings from last year.

Anyway- on that note-Bridget is pleasanter now. And bedtime and sleeping is too. She picks out books (Sandra Boynton's Pajama Time is her fav. She will dig through to find it)

What's goin on here?

The girls gather pillows and blankets and Daddy reads to them.

Bridget can't still THAT still- she needs to be fully part of the action


No comments:

Post a Comment