Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Looking Forward to Christmas

Yeah yeah yeah, it's not even Fall yet and I have Christmas on the brain. I love Christmas with kids. I am starting to collect tons of fun Christmas stuff, and this year I am so excited because I have Christmas trees for the kids rooms. I am way stoked to add more plush singing snowmen to my collection (because really those should be allowed year round. Who doesn't love a good snowmen jig every once and again?) It is such a fun time of the year. We are doing Elf on a Shelf (ours is Heather) and Nora has mentioned her this past year several times. So I am thinking this year she will really get in the spirit and it will be super fun. And we can make memories like this- because one year- this happened:
It was Nora's second Christmas and she wrapped herself in the tree skirt as we were putting up the tree. She's hilar.
And of course we get to make the annual weirdo Burke Christmas card. Here's a fun one from the past. Last year came with mixed reviews. I was tired, people. :) We are working on a knock your socks off one for this year. We shall see! Maybe it will be something like this- giant baby in a santa hat coming to a town near you. Watch out boyzzzzz.

So yeah- Christmas. Excited. I have my Xmas fund going and am collecting $5 gift cards from Target with purchases. I started couponing a little bit more heavily- love the site totallytarget.com. If you love Target and saving money- try out her blog.
One more pic to put you in the Santa spirit! How early is too early for a Christmas tree? 

Nora's first visit with Santa- she loooooved him!

No comments:

Post a Comment