Friday, August 24, 2012

Meal Times

My least favorite times of the day are meal times. Everyone is hungry, I'm trying to prepare something, Bridget literally stands between me and the counter crying because she knows there is food on the counter top above her. It's stressful. I am trying to do things to make the preparation go faster, and come up with activities to keep them occupied while I create the spread that will be placed before the littles, but it still is a a time of day I dread. And then there is the kitchen clean up. 3x a day- sweeping, cleaning trays and cutting boards. They do NOT cover these types of things on TV or movies. (except Super Nanny)

But what I do love is when the meal is on the table and everyone eats together (tries to) please, it's not that glorious, since sometimes I hunch over the counter top next the table and shovel something in my face quickly, but when it DOES happen, its nice. Lately Nora has been loving feeding Bridge. She was the kind of kid that was never jealous of her little sister, she just was kind of indifferent about it. She never reverted back to a baby, or cry for my attention excessively, she was just all- whatev- I have a little sister now. As Bridget has gotten older and more interactive and stopped screaming her head off 24-7, she has become more interested in her. I keep reminding her that one day they will be best friends. Here are some shots of them in action:

Nora feeding Bridge breakfast. Notice the mass of craft junk behind us? Trying to get my craft on is proving to be messy.

Playing on the deck off the kitchen while I get dinner ready.

Where's the beef?

She would eat cupcakes everyday if I let her.

BFFs.

No comments:

Post a Comment